There's nothing quite like a barbecue with friends and family in the great outdoors. Public barbecues offer a perfect way to enjoy delicious food and quality time with your loved ones in a relaxed setting. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of finding a public barbecue near you, what to look for, and some useful tips to make your outdoor grilling experience unforgettable.
Step 1: Finding a Public Barbecue
To begin your search for a public barbecue, navigate to the Search page and type in the general area where you want to find a barbecue. Our website provides a list of all the different barbecues nearest to your location. If you prefer a map view, click the "Map View" button on top. You can click and hold down your mouse button to drag the map around, and zoom in and out on the side.
If you'd rather browse by state and suburb, Navigate to the Browse page and select your state, and narrow down the area you want to look for. We'll provide you with a list of barbecues in that area.
Step 2: Assessing Amenities and Facilities
Once you've found a barbecue that catches your eye, click "View Details" to see a list of all the different amenities available at that location. Some important amenities to consider are:
- Nearby playgrounds for children
- Seating and picnic tables (shaded or unshaded)
- Water fountains & taps
- Parking facilities
- Activities (e.g. basketball, tennis etc)
Choosing a location with appropriate amenities will ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Step 3: Visiting the Park
After selecting the perfect barbecue spot, it's time to pack your grilling tools, gather your friends and family, and hit the road. When you arrive at the park, keep an eye out for the following characteristics to locate the public barbecue:
- A box-shaped structure with a brick or metal body
- An aluminum top
- Proximity to playgrounds
- Picnic tables and seating areas
The majority of barbecue locations featured on our website offer a StreetView option, allowing you to easily pinpoint the precise location of the barbecue. If you're lucky, your park might even have a map to guide you to the barbecue area.
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Arrive early: Public barbecues can be popular, especially on weekends and holidays. Arriving early ensures you can secure a spot and gives you plenty of time to set up and enjoy the day.
- Bring essential supplies: Along with your food and grilling tools, remember to pack necessary items for cleaning the barbecue and managing your waste, as not all locations provide water or bins.
- Be mindful of others: Keep noise levels to a minimum, and be respectful of other park-goers. Remember to clean up after yourself, leaving the barbecue and surrounding area as you found it.
- Stay safe: Always supervise children around the barbecue, and ensure you follow proper food safety guidelines to avoid foodborne illnesses.
Finding the perfect public barbecue spot doesn't have to be a daunting task. With the tips provided in this article, you'll be well on your way to enjoying a fantastic outdoor grilling experience with your friends and family.
Happy barbecuing and see you at the next hot plate!